How to cancel e transfer
The truth is that no matter how much planning you do, there always seems to be emergencies that crop up when they’re least expected. What do you do in a situation where you need to cancel an e transfer? First of all let me clarify what an ‘e Transfer’ is. You see, there are a few types of transfers we could be talking about. The first involves transferring money from your savings account to your checking account at the bank. More commonly, however, people are talking about transferring money between two bank accounts at two different institutions. This article will focus on this second definition of e transfer and help you cancel one if you ever need to.
Sign in to EasyWeb
To cancel your e-transfer, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to EasyWeb.
- Select the “Transfers” tab.
- Click on the transaction you wish to cancel, then click “Cancel”.
Please note that you can only cancel a transfer if it has not yet been sent and you have not received any confirmation of the transfer. If you want to cancel a transfer after it has been sent or if you have already received confirmation of the transfer, please contact our customer service department.
Select the Account tab on top of the page
- Click on Transfers and Payments, then click Cancel Payment.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Verify your identity by answering security questions or entering information from your credit card statement or recent account statements.
- Click Cancel my payment below, then choose one of the options listed:
If you do not have the information for your recipient, please contact them directly by phone (or other means) and inform them that you wish to cancel the transaction. Your cancellation request will be processed within 24 hours. You should receive notification from us once it has been processed.
If you were redirected here because you sent money through Interac e-Transfer and now want to send directly through Interac Online, please contact us using our secure contact form so we can assist you with making sure your payment goes through properly without any disruptions or delays due
Choose Interac e-Transfer from the grey menu bar
If you sent a transfer, you can cancel it by following these steps:
- Select Send Money
- You’ll see a list of recipients. Select the recipient whose transfer you want to cancel and click Cancel Transfer .
- If you can’t find a particular e-Transfer in your history, contact us for help.
Select Manage Recipients from the dropdown menu
You can cancel an e-transfer on the day it was sent:
- Choose the transfer you want to cancel.
- On the next screen, click Cancel Transfer.
- You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to cancel this transaction. Click Yes, Cancel Transaction.
- If you don’t see a confirmation page, check your junk folder or spam box for an email with the subject “Payment Cancelled”.
Locate the recipient and select Options for the individual recipient you want to delete.
- To delete an e-transfer, you need to go to your Email client and locate the recipient.
- Select Delete Transfer.
- Confirm that you want to delete this transfer by clicking Delete Transfer.
Click Delete this recipient
You can cancel an e-transfer that’s already been sent.
If you want to cancel a payment, you’ll need to contact the recipient first. If the money has been sent and you don’t hear back from them, you’ll need to contact us for help.
- Step 1: Click the payment in your account.
- Step 2: Click Delete this recipient.
- Step 3: Confirm by clicking Delete this recipient again.
You can cancel an e-transfer at any time, but it’s important to remember that once you send your e-transfer, it may not be possible to stop it from being delivered. The recipient might still be able to receive the transfer and access the funds in their bank account. If you want to cancel an e-transfer that’s already been sent, follow these steps:
- Confirm deletion by clicking Yes, delete this recipient.
- You’ll see a confirmation message when the cancellation process is complete.
You have to be completely sure that you want to cancel a transfer
If you do, contact the sender immediately and ask them to cancel it. The money will be returned to their account within a few days.
You can cancel an e-transfer for up to 24 hours after it was sent. You can cancel an e-transfer by following these instructions:
- Log in to Online Banking or Mobile Banking and select “Transfers” from the menu on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click “Cancel Transfer” next to the transfer you wish to cancel.
- Select “Yes” when asked if you are sure you want to cancel this transfer.
As a quick recap, you’ll need to start with the original email confirmation of your EasyWeb transfer. Then, log into EasyWeb and confirm you want to cancel the transfer. Following that, you’ll need to cancel the e-transfer by calling Plastiq and following their instructions.